- 140 members all paying dues (a 30% increase from 108 in 2008; up 133% from 60 in 2005)
- 32 net gain this year in members (35 new, plus 5 reactivated, less 8 lost)
- 100 attended at least one regular meeting (71% of our membership)
- 41 attended at least one of our two early training meetings (29%)
- 14 attended all 5 regular meetings (10% of our membership)
- 39 attended 4 or more meetings (28% of our membership)
- 58 attended at least 50% of our meetings (41% of our membership)
- 72 attended our Part II test (51% of our membership)
- 15 participated in our August preseason clinic with another 15 veterans helping
- 20 participated in one of our June clinics with another 11 veterans serving as clinicians
- 84 schools were assigned for ranging from Harrisonville in the South to Cameron & Chillicothe in the North and to Odessa & Holden in the East
- 535 regular contests assigned (a 3% increase from 520 in 2008)
- 1,029 slots filled out of 1,029 total slots (a 6% increase from 973 in 2008)
- 54 tournaments assigned (a 6% increase from 51 in 2008)
- 260 tournament slots filled out of 260 total tournament slots (a 7% increase from 243 in 2008)
- 589 total assignments (up 3% from 571) with 1,289 slots filled (up 6% from 1,216)
- 130 regular season contests which included a varsity match (parochial & public) were assigned
- 244 regular season varsity slots filled (100% filled)
- 10 varsity tournaments assigned
- 49 varsity tournament slots (100% filled) _
- 140 total varsity assignments with 293 slots filled (varsity level slots were 23% of total slots)
- 127 members received at least one assignment (91% of our membership)
- 64 members received at least one Varsity level assignments (46% of our membership)
Perfect Attendance (14)
2008 State Volleyball Officials – Last year we had four officials that worked the state tournament and were recognized, but didn’t receive plaques. We would like to rectify that oversight tonight. 2008 State Line Judges – Ronda Miles, Dixie Ousley and Jarry Thomas. 2008 State Officials – Kathie Mahan.
Greater Kansas City Volleyball Coaches Association (GKCVCA) 2009 Official of the Year Award – Each year the GKCVCA selects a Missouri volleyball official and a Kansas volleyball official to receive this honor. The GKCVCA also hosts the MoKan All Star Volleyball match each year. The 2009 Missouri recipient was David Tyner. David was honored at a banquet on Friday, 11/13 and then also got to work the All Star match. This is the 5th year for this award.
NFHS Officials Association 2009 Missouri Volleyball Official of the Year Award – Each year the NFHS Officials Association recognizes one official in each state in each sport with its highest honor: the official of the year award. This award is presented to an individual who has made a lifelong commitment to the ideals of officiating interscholastic sports. During the MSHSAA state tournament, David Thompson was recognized as the recipient of this award.
GKCOA 2009 Middle School Volleyball Coach of the Year – Catherine Owen of Brittany Hill Middle School in the Blue Springs School District. Receiving a plaque and $100 donation to the school’s volleyball program.
GKCOA 2009 High School Volleyball Coach of the Year – Ken Corum of Oak Park High School in the North Kansas City School District. Receiving a plaque and $100 donation to the school’s volleyball program.
GKCOA 2009 Volleyball Rookie of the Year – Carmelita Tibai.